What is a Holistic or Integrated GP Consultation?
Dr Paula Martin is a GP with a special interest in Mind Body Medicine and Holistic Health.
Dr Paula offers specialised health consultations both in person and online. During your consultation Dr Paula will combine her training in Western Medicine and her experience in Mind Body Medicine, to explore your health concern, and maximise wellbeing. The consultation involves looking at whole-person strategies that address the underlying factors influencing your health, rather than just treating the symptoms of disease. This integrated approach to health invites you to take an active role in your own heath and wellbeing.
Integrated Medicine believes in the body’s natural ability to support it’s own healing process and come back into balance.
Influenced by the work of Dr Craig Hassid (Monash University), this Consultation explores your health concern in relation to seven pillars of health:
- Education – learning to understand your health challenge and improve your wellbeing
- Stress management & Relaxation – learn new skills to bring greater ease to body, mind & heart
- Exercise – finding whats right for you
- Nutrition & Diet – to suit your health needs
- Connectivity – entering a therapeutic relationship of presence, care and support
- Environment – learning to minimise stress and maximise wellness at work and at home
- Spirituality – exploring ways to find meaning, even in times of challenge
Is an Integrated Health Consultation for me ?
An Integrated Health Consultation is a specialised medical consultation for men and women experiencing a range of health issues including:
- Anxiety, Depression & Stress related illness
- Chronic Pain & Chronic fatigue
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Autoimmune conditions, Fibromyalgia
- Sleep Problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Respiratory problems
Your initial consultation consists of a full health history and examination ( as needed).
We are now offering Health Consultations online.
Your first consultation is approximately 75 mins. You are invited to arrive 15 mins early to fill in a Personal Health Questionaire before seeing the doctor, or before your online consultation.
At the end of your consultation Dr Paula will offer a participatory health prescription according to your particular health concern. Further investigations, blood work and referrals are ordered as needed.
First Visit: €150, ( 165 if bloods are taken )
Follow up consultations: 100 euro ( 60 mins )
Ongoing bloods: €35
Repeat prescription: €20
Given these times of financial strain a sliding scale fee is available for those who are unwaged or on low income. Please enquire for further details. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 087 132 6088
Please check with your health insurance company as you may be covered for this health consultation.